Cannabis is the best natural expectorant to clear the human lungs of smog, dust, and the phlegm associated with tobacco use.
Marijuana smoke effectively dilates the airways of the lungs, the bronchi, opening them to allow more oxygen into the lungs. It is also the best natural dilator of the tiny airways of the lungs, the bronchial tubesmaking cannabis the best overall bronchial dilator for 80% of the population (the remaining 20% sometimes show minor negative reactions).
(See section on asthmaa disease that closes these passages in spasmsUCLA Tashkin studies, 1969-95; U.S. Costa Rican, 1980-82; Jamaican studies 1968-74.)
Statistical evidenceshowing up consistently as anomalies in matched populationsindicates that persons who smoke tobacco cigarettes are usually better off and will live longer if they smoke cannabis moderately, too. (Jamaican, Costa Rican studies.)
Millions of Americans have given up or avoided smoking tobacco products in favor of cannabis, which is not good news to the powerful tobacco lobbySenator Jesse Helms and his cohorts. A turn of the century grandfather clause in U.S. tobacco law allows 400 to 6,000 additional chemicals to be added. Additions since then to the average tobacco cigarette are unknown, and the public in the U.S. has no right to know what they are.
Many joggers and marathon runners feel cannabis use cleans their lungs, allowing better endurance.
The evidence indicates cannabis use will probably increase these outlaw American marijuana-users lives by about one to two yearsbut they can lose their rights, property, children, state licenses, etc., just for using that safest of substances: cannabis.
the authorized on-line version of Jack Herers The Emperor Wears No Clothes
|previous page||Chapter 7||next page|